What is MD Promise?
Maryland (MD) PROMISE can help you:
- Find a job that matches your interests and skills
- Complete high school and receive a diploma
- Connect with support services to help you become more independent
- Get information to help you enroll in postsecondary education and training
- Learn how work can increase your income
Who is MD PROMISE for?
Maryland youth between the ages 14-16 receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits and their family members. To find out if you are eligible to participate, call 888-232-8554 or email email@example.com. Only 2,000 participants will be accepted to participate in MD PROMISE.
Why participate in PROMISE?
- Earn a high school diploma
- Gain further education and training
- Make Money
- Build confidence
- Make new friends
How do I apply?
Any eligible youth who wishes to participate in MD PROMISE must sign and return a consent form. Participants will then be randomly assigned by a computer to one of the two groups:
- enhanced services group or
- usual services group
Contact us at 888-232-8554 so we can answer your questions and help you complete the consent forms.
Participants will receive two $50.00 VISA gift cards, one for the youth and one for the family, as a thank you for participating in MD PROMISE. Gift cards will be mailed after the consent form is signed and returned by the youth and parent/guardian.