Social Service Benefits
- Temporary Disability Assistance - Are you an adult with a disability and without any children? Have you been unable to work for at least three months due to a medical condition? You may be eligible for assistance.
- Temporary Cash Assistance Program - Are you in need of assistance and have a family with children under 18 or 19 and graduating in the same calendar year? You may be eligible for assistance.
The Food Stamp Program helps low income people buy the food they need for good health. You may be able to get food stamps if you:
- work for low wages,
- are unemployed or work part time,
- receive welfare or other public assistance payments,
- are elderly or disabled and live on a small income, or
- are homeless.
Click here to visit the MD Department of Human Resources (DHR) for more information on the Food Stamp Program
Assistance With a Utility Bill
If you are elderly or disabled and live on a limited income and/or you receive veterans or Social Security disability benefits, you may be automatically eligible for the following utility assistance programs:
- Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) provides financial assistance with electric bills. Eligible customers receive help that pays a portion of their current electric bills.
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) provides assistance with home heating bills. Payments are made to your utility company on your behalf.